The Starr Library in Rhinebeck was founded in 1862, and has been serving patrons ever since. The oldest library in the Mid-Hudson system, we have a history like no other library.
Originally sited in the Starr Institute building in Rhinebeck, we moved up to West Market Street in the 1970’s. By 2005 we had outgrown our small building, and the Board of Trustees raised the funds to construct a new wing, greatly expanding our space. We now have a great children’s storyhour room, work tables, expanded shelving for books, a larger “large print” collection, lots of DVDs and more computers for patrons to browse the Internet or work on research.
The mission of the library is to provide the Rhinebeck community with the highest quality library and information services.