How do I get a library card?
- To get a Starr Library card, please bring some form of photo identification and a piece of mail (utility bill, rental agreement, etc.) We have a short form to fill out and we will get you set up quickly. For children, parents or caregivers need to fill out the form assuming responsibility for library items borrowed by children.
- Cardholders accept responsibility for all materials borrowed on their cards.
- Starr cards are valid at any Mid-Hudson library. You may borrow from any system library, and return any item to any system library.
- Please stop in at the Circulation Desk for help.
What can I do with my Starr Library card besides borrow books?
- Request books, audiobooks, DVDs & music
- Freeze requests
- Renew items
- Pay fines
- Turn on a feature to track your reading history
- Digital Audiobooks
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Encyclopedias & GALE Databases
- Homework Help
- Job Now / Adult Learning Center
- Health Information
- Language Lessons
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Practice Tests for SATs, GREs and More
- Tumblebooks (read-along) for Kids
- … and much more
These resources have information you cannot access through a typical Internet search, in fact they available only to patrons of libraries where access has been purchased for them. These unique resources are provided by your library with state and local funds, and give you access to reliable online information. Funds to purchase these resources came to libraries through New York State Government , the New York State Library’s NOVELny program & local funds.
Your 14-digit Mid-Hudson Library System library card barcode number and pin number will give you access to everything listed on this page.