The library has two community spaces that may be booked by local groups on an as-available basis. Please contact Director Steven Cook for information and availability.
Both have projector screens, chairs, folding tables, a separate entrance so events may occur outside of library hours, whiteboard, restrooms, and Wi-Fi access. Light refreshments may be served at events.
Meeting Rooms Usage Policy
Use of The Starr Library’s meeting rooms is primarily for programs conducted or sponsored by the Library. Meeting rooms are also available for use by others for educational, cultural, recreational or civic purposes. Authorization to use the Library’s facilities does not reflect endorsement by the Library. Meeting rooms shall not be used for private, for-profit, entrepreneurial or commercial purposes. All meetings must be open to the public. Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the Director or Library Board of Trustees in keeping with the Library’s mission statement.
Reservations for use of the meeting room may be made on a regular schedule.
Application for the use of any meeting room is made to the Library’s Director by the individual responsible for the meeting who must complete and sign an application form. The meeting must be confirmed with the Director at least one week prior to the meeting. The Library’s Director is to be notified of any cancellation or meeting date changes within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the event. Failure to notify the Director may result in the organization not being able to use the space in the future. In fairness to the numerous groups of the community, reservations are taken not more than three (3) months in advance.
General Rules of Use
- Except as a designation of location the name of the Library may not be used in any publicity relating to use of meeting rooms. The boxed notation “This event is not sponsored by the Starr Library” must be present on every piece of advertising for your event.
- Maximum capacity is 30 people.
- No cooking. There is no smoking and no alcohol is to be served on library property. No alcohol may be served at any time. Food may be served with the Director’s approval.
- For programs occurring outside of normal Library hours applicant is responsible for entry and/or closure with permission of the Library Director. Process for getting and returning the Library key to the Library should be arranged with the Library Director. (See application form.)
- Meetings must be conducted in such a way as not to disturb Library operations.
- Use of audio-visual equipment must be indicated at time of reservation. The applicant must supply any audio-visual equipment.
- The applicant is responsible for all room set-up and breakdown of their own equipment, but not for moving the tables and chairs. Library personnel will not move or rearrange heavy equipment. The applicant is responsible for all cleaning up and returning the room to its found condition.
- The Library provides no storage space and assumes no responsibility for equipment or personal articles belonging to applicants or their guests.
- The applicant is responsible for damage to the Library facilities or its contents occurring as a result of the applicant’s use of the building.
- Fee for the use of the meeting spaces is $35/use.
- The Library reserves the right to close the building in extremely bad weather or unforeseen emergencies.
- Library personnel shall have free access to meeting rooms at all times.
- Non compliance with the regulations here stated may result in the denial of future use of meeting space.
Meeting room policy is determined by the Board of Trustees, and is subject to review and revision at the discretion of the Board. Appeals to any of these policies may be submitted to the Board of Trustees in writing.
Revised May 2007