Check calendar for full details
Rhinebeck Cemetery Talk: Sunday, March 9th at 2pm. Friends of the Rhinebeck Cemetery are sponsoring a talk by Steven Mann entitled “The Rhinebeck Cemetery and the Barons of Local Industry”.
“Dreams of Space” Art Project: Saturday, March 15th 2pm -3:15 An art program for Children 6 – 8 years old. They will learn to use watercolor and marbling techniques to make their very own ‘outer-spacescapes’. ‘Space’ is limited, so call Starr library to reserve a spot. This program is sponsored by Starr Library and Mill Street Loft/Dutchess Arts Camp. htpp://millstreetloft.org
Gardening Lecture: Tuesday, March 18th at 6:30pm. Ground Cover- Garden Enhancers & Problem Solvers. Barbara Bravo, a Master Gardener Volunteer at Cornell Cooperative Extension, will discuss these low maintenance, environmentally friendly plants.
Book Club is Back! Friday, March 28th at 6:30pm. Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. The Rhinebeck Reads book club is open to all.
Programs from outside organizations:
Tax time is coming… The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program provides free tax counseling for low to middle income taxpayers of all ages. Appointments will be available Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays from February through April. To make an appointment, call 2-1-1.
Alzheimers Support Group ~ Meetings are the second Monday of each month, from 4-6:30pm.
Parkinsons Support Group ~ Wed. Feb. 5 @ 2:30-4:30pm
Sew Crafty ~ Third Wednesday of the month (Feb. 119), 7-9pm
Chair Yoga ~ Fridays at 11:00am. Run by Satya Yoga Studio; $10/class; call 845-876-2528 for more info
China Friends Playgroup ~ TBA
Holistic Moms ~ Third Tuesday of the month, 6-8pm
La Leche League of Northern Dutchess ~ Tues. Feb. 11, 10:15am. For more information, email NDLLLLeaders@gm
Regular Starr Library Programs
- Scrabble ~ Wednesdays, 1-3pm.
- Brain Games ~ Thursdays, 1-2pm.
- Embroidery Group “Starr Stitchers” ~ On the second, third and fourth Wednesday of every month, 10am – 1pm.
- Story Time ~ NEW TIMES! With Ms. Cindy on Wednesdays 10:15 – 10:45 (for toddlers); and Ms. Robbie on Thursdays 10:15 – 10:45 (for toddlers) and 11:00 – 11:45 (for preschoolers). Following Rhinebeck Central School District calendar vacations.
- The Local History & Genealogy Research Center is open Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am – 3pm.
- Starr Board of Trustees Meeting ~ Third Monday of the month, 5:30-6:30pm (except if that falls on a holiday, then it is the following Monday).
- Next Friends of Starr Library Book sale ~ April 11 & 12
- Teen Geek Squad ~ Saturdays from 10am – 2pm
- Rhinebeck Reads Book Club ~ The last Friday of the month, 6:30-8pm. March 28th will be a discussion about Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
Keep up to date!
If you would like to receive our email newsletter with Starr Library news and announcements of upcoming programs, sign-up here! Also, follow us on Facebook for all the news that happens between newsletters.