Check calendar for full details
• Art Exhibit: “Watercolor and Words in Nature” September 4th thru September 26th.
• Artists’ Opening Reception: Saturday, September 6th 5pm – 6:30pm. Open to all.
• Rhinebeck Legion Band: Tuesday, September 2nd at 6:45pm.
• Assemblymember Kevin Cahill’s Office Visits Starr: Monday, September 15th 2pm – 5pm.
• Interactive Workshop: “Back to School – Parenting Tools for the Anxious Child.” Thursday, September 18th at 7pm. Please call 876-4030 to save a place.
• Multimedia Program: “Chasing ‘Titanic’: Following the Great Ship’s Path” Friday, September 26th at 6:30pm.
• Seminar: “How to Pay for College Without Going Broke”Tuesday, September 30th at 6:30pm.
• Starr Book Group: Tuesday, September 30th at 7pm A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra.
Programs from outside organizations:
Alzheimers Support Group ~ Meetings are the second Monday of each month, from 4-6:30pm.
Parkinsons Support Group ~ First Wednesday of the month 2:30-4:30pm
Sew Crafty ~ Third Wednesday of the month (Feb. 119), 7-9pm
Chair Yoga ~ Fridays at 11:00am. Run by Satya Yoga Studio; $10/class; call 845-876-2528 for more info
China Friends Playgroup ~ TBA
Holistic Moms ~ Third Tuesday of the month, 6-8pm
La Leche League of Northern Dutchess ~ For more information, email NDLLLLeaders@gm
Regular Starr Library Programs
- Scrabble ~ Wednesdays, 1 – 3pm.
- Brain Games ~ Thursdays, 1pm – 2pm.
- Embroidery Group “Starr Stitchers” ~ On the second, third and fourth Wednesday of every month, 10am – 1pm.
- Story Time ~ Thursdays: Toddlers 10:15am, Preschoolers 11am.
- The Local History & Genealogy Research Center is open Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am – 3pm.
- Starr Board of Trustees Meeting ~ Third Monday of the month, 5:30-6:30pm (except if that falls on a holiday, then it is the following Monday).
- Teen Geek ~ Saturdays from 10am – 1pm. Get answers to ANY of your computer, tablet or cell phone questions! Program is free.
- Starr Book Club ~ Tuesday, September 30th at 7pm. This month’s book is A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra. Open to all. Join us for a lively discussion.
If you would like to receive our email newsletter with Starr Library news and announcements of upcoming programs, sign-up here! Also, follow us on Facebook for all the news that happens between newsletters.