(Storytime @ Starr will be cancelled on days Rhinebeck Central School District is either closed or on a two hour delay due to snow. Check www.cancellations.com. Storytime also follows the Rhinebeck schools’ calendar for vacations and holidays. Storytime will not take place in August.)
Storytime is an exciting time at the library…
Ms. Robbie hosts toddlers on Thursdays 10:15 – 10:45. After that, there is one session for preschoolers: at 11:00 – 11:45.
Storytime provides many benefits to children:
- Stories help develop a child’s imagination.
- Stories help a child discover new ideas.
- Stories help nurture a child’s listening abilities.
- Stories help children comprehend the world around them.
- Stories expose children to a larger vocabulary than the spoken word.
- Stories introduce and reinforce concepts such as colors, shapes, letters, etc.
- Stories encourage a love of reading.
- Storytime encourages families to come to the library and check out materials.
- Storytime introduces authors and illustrators to families in a fun way.
- Storytime models good oral reading skills for parents and caregivers to follow.
- Storytime can help children become successful readers and learners.
- Storytime introduces songs, finger plays and nursery rhymes to parents that can be enjoyed at home.
- Story time creates a social opportunity for parents and caregivers.