- SUMMER READING PROGRAM We have a summer full of fun for kids at the library! Check out our and Summer Reading Program flyer and calendars for July and August.
- Yankees vs. Red Sox Raffle ~ Buy a $10 raffle ticket to win 2 tickets for a Yankees vs. Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, September 7 at 1:05pm. All proceeds benefit the Starr Library. Raffle tickets will be on sale during June and July at the Rhinebeck Farmers Market and Williams Lumber on weekends and at the library any time we’re open. Drawing will be held on August 1st. Thank you to Starr Library Trustee Dan Sistarenik for the donation of the tickets!
- “Chagall in High Falls” Exhibit ~ Come to the main reading room for a fascinating glimpse into the life of the famous 20th century artist Marc Chagall, during the years he lived in the Hudson Valley.
- New Exhibit in the Display Cases
“The Cannon Roar All Night”: Profiles of Local Civil War SoldiersStarr Library is hosting an exhibit on local Civil War Soldiers. Focusing on letters sent home, the exhibit explores the experiences of the soldiers and also traces what happened to these soldier-correspondents before and after the war. There will also be Civil War artifacts on display including a Regimental flag.
- Free Homework Help ~ Starr Library is offering free homework tutoring for Rhinebeck children up to eighth grade. Sessions will take place at the library during business hours, and will be up to 45 minutes long. Parents are expected to remain in the library for elementary age students. Ask for an application at the circulation desk or print out the tutoring appl and bring it to the library.
- Starr at Home ~ We are excited to introduce a delivery service for Rhinebeck residents who are homebound. Call 876-4030 to speak with Nan Jackson and ask for a Starr At Home Application.
- Free Chess Lessons ~ Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am – 12pm. Drop in to play and learn with Ronald Jones. Open to adults and teens.