- New Exhibit in the Display Cases
“The Cannon Roar All Night”: Profiles of Local Civil War SoldiersStarr Library is hosting an exhibit on local Civil War Soldiers. Focusing on letters sent home, the exhibit explores the experiences of the soldiers and also traces what happened to these soldier-correspondents before and after the war. There will also be Civil War artifacts on display including a Regimental flag.
- Starr Library will be closed Sunday, May 26th and Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day.
- Friends BIG Book Sale ~ Friday, May 31, 10am – 5pm; Saturday, June 1, 10am – 4pm; Sunday, June 2, 1 – 4pm. Don’t miss out on all the deals and a HUGE variety of books!
- “Chagall in High Falls” Reception, Lecture & Exhibit ~ Tues. June 4, 6:30pm. Join us for a fascinating glimpse into the life of the famous 20th century artist Marc Chagall, during the years he lived in the Hudson Valley. Curated and presented by Sevan Melikyan of Wired Gallery. Refreshments will be served. Call 876-4030 to save a seat! View invite on Facebook.
- Free Homework Help ~ Starr Library is offering free homework tutoring for Rhinebeck children up to eighth grade. Sessions will take place at the library during business hours, and will be up to 45 minutes long. Parents are expected to remain in the library for elementary age students. Ask for an application at the circulation desk or print out the tutoring appl and bring it to the library.
- Starr at Home ~ We are excited to introduce a delivery service for Rhinebeck residents who are homebound. Call 876-4030 to speak with Nan Jackson and ask for a Starr At Home Application.
- Free Chess Lessons ~ Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am – 12pm. Drop in to play and learn with Ronald Jones. Open to adults and teens.
Coming in June