The Friends of Starr Library host several book sales each year, during library hours on a consecutive Friday and Saturday. Sales take place in the lower level of the library, and offer a wide range of both fiction and nonfiction books, books on CD, music CDs, DVDs, and more for all ages and audiences, with proceeds going to support Starr Library and our programs. Materials can be purchased at the book sales with cash, check or credit card. To see when the next book sale is coming up, visit our online calendar.
2023 Friends of Starr Book Sales:
- April 21-22
- July 7-8
- October 27-28
Book Sale Donations
Thank you for your interest in donating. We are currently accepting donations through October 7th. We only accept donations during designated hours on Wednesdays and Sundays. Our online calendar will have exact dates as soon as they are available.
Please read below carefully to understand our new book donation system. These changes are being made to avoid overwhelming the library staff.
- In general, book donations will be accepted weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Donations may be dropped off on Wednesdays between 12-2pm, and on Sundays between 10am-12pm.
- All donations are to be brought around to the back of the building to the lower level entrance.
- Please note that if you plan to donate more than 5 boxes or bags of books, you’ll need to make an appointment by calling the library at 845.876.4030.
- All items must be in good usable / undamaged condition.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Items we accept:
Items we DO NOT accept for donation: